This morning I woke up in a panic because I had not baked anything yet this week and today, as we all know, is FRIDAY. That wonderful day that heralds the passing of another work week (for those of us who mostly or entirely work the M-F beat) and promises two whole days of lazy morning bliss ahead. However, for me, it also marked the final day of a week in which I had not fulfilled my promise to myself to post on the ol’ weblog at least once a week. The way I saw it, I had two options:
1) Concede Defeat
2) Hurriedly find a recipe that would include ingredients that were already in my cupboard and/or fridge.
Not one to Concede Defeat when it comes to baking, I opted for choice #2. And voila, here you have it: last minute morning muffins. Fast, easy, delicious. Happy Friday y’all.
Coconut Apple Carrot Muffins
Recipe from Weelicious
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
2 Carrots, peeled & grated, about 1 cup
1 Apple, peeled & grated, about 1/2 cup (gala, fuji, pink lady or red delicious are good choices)
2 Large Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Honey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and gently stir to combine.
5. Line a 12-muffin baking tin with cupcake liners (or just lightly grease the tin) and fill evenly with batter.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve.